Secugen Hamster IV Biometric Fingerprint Scanner
Secugen Hamster IV Biometric Scanner, popular and versatile fingerprint reader that is FBI Certified. Featuring a comfortable, ergonomic design, the Hamster IV is built with the industry’s most rugged and advanced optical sensor using patented SEIR fingerprint biometric technology. The Hamster IV can be used for authentication, identification and verification functions that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
Hamster IV will turn on and scan your finger as soon as you touch the sensor – all without having to prompt the system. Smart Capture ensures quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers. By automatically adjusting the brightness of the sensor, Smart Capture allows the Hamster IV to capture high quality fingerprints from a wide range of traditionally difficult fingers, including those from dry, wet, scarred or aged skin, and even in bright ambient conditions such as under direct sunlight.
SecuGen fingerprint readers are easy to use and can be installed quickly on any Windows PC. Backed by the industry’s best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen fingerprint readers provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of software applications for desktop, mobile, network, enterprise and Internet environments.
Hamster IV finger reader can be used with fingerprint reader software to capture high quality fingerprint images for maintaining biometric access control. This versatile biometric device has proved its worth in applications as varied as finance and banking, point of sales machines, medical information systems, B2B transactions, e-commerce, time and attendance, etc.
Secugen Hamster IV Biometric Scanner features
- High-performance, maintenance-free optical fingerprint sensor
- Rugged sensor resistant to scratches, impact, vibration and electrostatic shock
- Auto-On™ – automatic finger detection technology
- Smart Capture™ – high quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers (dry, wet, scarred) in challenging environments and conditions such as under direct sunlight
- Compact, lightweight and portable
- Removable weighted stand
- USB connection
- Integrated finger guide
- Readily accessible for any finger
- Fast and accurate verification
- Latent print image removal (does not accept prints left behind)
- Encryption of fingerprint templates (with SecuGen Proprietary templates)
|SecuGen Hamster IV fingerprint recognition reader
|Microsoft Windows (32-bit and 64-bit)
Android (only on HSDU04P sensor model)
|Image capture area (Platen size)
|16 x 18 mm (0.6″ x 0.7″)
|Fingerprint image size
|258 x 336 pixels
|Device size (without stand)
|27 x 40 x 73 mm (1.1″ x 1.6″ x 2.9″)
|Device weight (without stand)
|100 grams (0.2 lbs)
|0°C ~ +40°C
|0-90 % (non-condensing)